Accepting Awards and Deferring Fees
Students can easily accept financial aid awards and defer fee payment via MySeminoleState, the online student portal. Students who are eligible for financial aid must accept their awards before they can be processed. Deferring fees will allow students to delay paying until the College and BankMobile process their financial aid.
How to Accept Your Financial Aid Awards and Defer Your Fee Payment
- Log into MySeminoleState - If this is your first time using MySeminoleState, you must create a new student account.
- Go to your Student Center
- Go to the Accept or Decline Award section
- Set your User Preferences.
- Make sure Seminole State College is listed as the institution.
- For Academic Career, click the drop-down menu to select the option that matches your degree type (i.e., Baccalaureate for bachelor's degree seekers; credit career is for A.A. and A.S. degree seekers; vocational career refers to vocational certificates).
- Click on the magnifying glass to select the current term. (If you are enrolling for Fall 2018, select 2187; for Spring 2019, select 2191; for Summer 2019, select 2194.)
- Click SAVE
- Select the Aid Year you wish to view by clicking the magnifying glass. (i.e. If you are enrolling in Fall 2018, Spring 2019 or Summer 2019, choose 2019 as the aid year.)
- Accept and/or decline your financial aid awards.
- Carefully read the Seminole State Award Acceptance letter and review each award and corresponding message by clicking on the award name.
- Accept and/or decline your financial aid awards by checking the appropriate boxes in the Accept/Decline columns.
- Select Submit.
- Sign your online financial aid deferment.
- Review your financial aid awards at the top of the page.
- Carefully read the deferment statement.
- Scroll to the bottom of the deferment statement to sign your deferment.
- Click on the Signature drop-down menu and select Signed.
- Click the Accept Deferment button.
- Check your Due Charges to confirm your Payment Due Date has been forwarded 60 days into the term.
- Check your To-Do List on your MySeminoleState Student Center regularly to confirm if there are any additional documents required to be submitted. No money will be disbursed until the To-Do List is completed and enrollment has been verified.
The award setup is based on full-time enrollment status (12 credit hours or more) and will be adjusted according to your enrollment before any refunds go to BankMobile.
First-time loan borrowers are required to complete a Master Promissory Note and Loan Entrance Counseling at www.studentloans.gov.