Language Institute Housing Information
American Homestay Network (AHN) has placed more international students in high quality, safe and well-managed homestays than any other similar program. The hosts are carefully selected to ensure that our students are placed in environments that are not only safe and comfortable but also warm and welcoming.
The Homestay Program
The Homestay Program includes:
- Homestay management and support throughout the entire homestay experience
- Extensive national criminal background checks for hosts
- Student support services including banking, interpretation and transportation
- Comprehensive online training and orientation for hosts and students
- Professionally staffed 24/7 critical incident hotline
- Automated online payment services for students and hosts
AHN matches each student with a host family near the student’s school. The host will provide the student with a private bedroom, an agreed upon meal plan, and will assist the student in learning the local customs and transportation systems, as well as help the student become acquainted with the American way of life. Many students enjoy activities with their local family and become life-long friends.