Collegiate High School
Seminole State College of Florida has partnered with Seminole County Public Schools (SCPS) to create a collegiate high school program in Seminole County.
The collegiate high school program is currently available to students at Crooms Academy of Information Technology and Lake Howell High School.
A New Way to Get Ahead
The collegiate high school designation, authorized under a 2014 state law, allows motivated high school students to earn their two-year college degrees while simultaneously pursuing their high school diplomas. This gives students a unique opportunity to get a head start on their college careers or enter the workforce more quickly upon graduation.
The curriculum allows students to earn between three and 12 college credit hours per semester as they complete the requirements for a high school diploma. The schedule allows for some flexibility, and summer classes may be utilized to ensure completion of high school coursework.
There are currently three college degrees available:
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree focused on Technology (Crooms Academy)
- Associate in Arts (A.A.) degree focused on Business (Lake Howell High School)
- Associate in Science (A.S.) degree in Information Systems Technology (Crooms Academy)
- A.S. degree in Network Systems Technology (Crooms Academy)
More degree and certificate choices will be offered in the future, and additional collegiate high school programs are planned for other high schools in Seminole County.
How to Apply
If you're interested in applying for the collegiate high school program at Crooms Academy, see your high school guidance counselor for more information.
To participate in the collegiate high school program, you must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in at least one high school credit course during each term.
- Have a cumulative unweighted grade point average of 3.0 or higher.
- Meet or exceed a minimum score requirement on standardized placement testing in the areas of verbal/reading, English/sentence skills and math/elementary algebra.
- Meet all prerequisites listed for each class you intend to take.