Building Controls Installation Program
The Building Controls Installation program at Seminole State College combines paid on-the-job training with classroom instruction to prepare workers for highly-skilled careers.
In the Building Controls Installation Apprenticeship, students will learn how to install, maintain, and repair control devices for a variety of building systems.
Earn the following industry certification:
- Workplace Safety (OSHA 10)
What You'll Learn
- Employability skills
- Project and construction principles
- Facilities and systems fundamentals
- Controls technology for integrated automation
- Control devices for HVAC systems
- Communication network structured cable systems
- Electrical systems, lighting, and energy control devices
Why Seminole State?
There are many benefits to becoming a Building Controls Installation apprentice at Seminole State, including:
- No cost to participate
- Immediate employment
- High-tech labs that simulate real-world job conditions
- Instructors who are actively engaged in the industry
- Excellent connections to Central Florida employers
This program includes paid training with an employer. The apprentice's wages increase as skills and knowledge increase.
How to Apply
This is a limited-access program. Candidates must:
- Have approval from an apprenticeship coordinator to register for classes.
- Apply and be accepted at Seminole State College.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be physically capable of performing the work of the trade.
- Be able to read and write English.
- Provide proof of Florida residency for the waiver status.
- Be employed by a sponsoring company.