Business Incubation Program for Seminole County Small Businesses
Pitch Contest 2022
Enter the Pitch Contest and win your free office space and business consulting services!
Since 1996, the Seminole State College Business Incubation Program has been helping early-stage companies develop into financially stable, high-impact enterprises by providing resources and services that facilitate smarter, faster growth.
Business Incubation at Seminole State College is a dynamic process of entrepreneurial development designed to increase business success through consultation services, coaching, access to shared resources, and office facilities. The purpose of the Business Incubation program is to create an atmosphere that encourages the development of businesses that have the potential to create single or multiple additional jobs and which contribute to the economic development of the region once formally established.
Benefits of Business Incubation
- Engage with other entrepreneurs in a collaborative atmosphere.
- Peer-to-peer sharing of successes and challenges helps entrepreneurs know there are other business owners facing similar issues.
- Office space starting at $295/month plus applicable sales tax.
- Connect clients to programs, funding opportunities and entrepreneurial resources that accelerate growth and profitability for their business.
- Confidential review of financial documents by the Center for Business Development team.
Located at the Port of Sanford (just off of I-4 near the Central Florida Zoo), the Center for Business Development offers affordable office space for rent to Seminole County small businesses. With a variety of sizes, this location is ideal for a small business on a budget looking to transition from their home office into a professional setting.
With offices starting as low as $295 per month, this space is perfect for startups, anyone with an online business, service-based business or a growing business with a small office team. All rents are calculated on an annual basis.
The facility is accessible 24/7 and included with each rental office is access to our conference room, meeting spaces and community kitchen. Additional amenities include Wi-Fi, secured access, printer/copier allowance and plenty of parking (ideal for a small fleet).
Our tenants enjoy access to our in-house expert business consultant, resources, services and programs at no cost.
Note: Our location cannot support large fleet vehicles, chemical storage, salons/barbers, retail store front, and does not have warehouse space or commercial kitchen amenities.
A new or emerging business enterprise that is in need of support and assistance from the College, and without which, the likelihood of success of the business would be greatly diminished. Business Incubation is intended to be an economic development project with an objective of creating jobs and economic wealth by assisting emerging companies.
How to Apply
- Review eligibility guidelines and requirements.
- Schedule meeting with Business Incubation program staff
Upon acceptance and signing of the office lease, program participants acknowledge that they will actively engage in the business incubation program, including adhering to open book accounting policies, providing business status reports and job creation statistics, as well as attendance at monthly and quarterly business review meetings, among others.
- Sign lease (including agreeing to open book accounting policies)
- Issue check in the amount of (1) month's rent plus a security deposit of equal amount
- Schedule first client benchmark review meeting
- Provide $1 million general liability insurance with Seminole State listed as additional insured
- Attend consulting and training sessions
- Meet monthly rent obligations
- Attend quarterly client meeting with lead business consultant, prepare financial statements (profit/loss and balance sheet), benchmark reviews and identify quarterly goals
- Provide annual business status reports (including job creation and compensation statistics)
- Provide evidence of four seminars/workshops/conferences you attended during the year
If you're interested in renting an office, please complete an application and our team will follow up with you promptly for next steps.
For details and availability or to schedule a tour, contact Stella Salakova-Cervantes or call 407.321.3495.