Official High School Transcripts

All official high school transcripts should be forwarded to the Office of Enrollment Services.  The official high school transcript will be assessed to determine if the school qualifies for confirmation of the ability to award diplomas.

Seminole State College adheres to federal and state policies/directives regarding validation of high school diplomas. The following criteria are examined to determine school validity:

  • Is the high school recognized by an established accrediting body (this is not the only determinant factor);
  • Are the students only required to take a test or pay fees for the issuance of a diploma (this may not be an acceptable practice for high school validity);
  • Are teachers certified and/or have appropriate academic background/credentials;
  • Does the high school deliver instruction, either online or in person;
  • Is the high school able to provide a list of courses and a description of such courses, grading scale, master schedule and academic calendar year? Are they able to describe, communicate and provide validation of the educational product?

To be eligible to receive Title IV, Higher Education Act aid current § 668.32(e) (student eligibility) a student must have a high school diploma or its recognized equivalent, have completed secondary school in a home school setting or pass an independently administered examination approved by the Secretary of the U.S. Department of Education.

Under proposed § 668.16(p), an institution would be required to develop and follow procedures to evaluate the validity of a student's high school completion if there is reason to believe that the high school diploma is not valid or was not obtained from an entity that provides secondary school education.

Note: A student or institution may appeal this decision through the Office of Enrollment Services. However, should the quality of the educational program of the institution attended not meet requirements, the College reserves the right to not accept the high school's diploma.