Cultural Arts at Seminole State
Seminole State College provides an array of cultural activities that are free for currently enrolled students:
"Gem of the Ocean"
- Theater productions: The College's Center for Fine and Performing Arts Theatre presents a variety of plays each season. Students interested in performing or working backstage are welcome to audition for a part or volunteer their services.
- Music concerts: Students are invited to take part in the College's choral or instrumental groups, or to attend music performances.
- Gallery exhibits: The Fine Arts Gallery hosts exhibits throughout the academic year, including the annual Juried Student Art Exhibit.
Perpetual Trust Planetarium
- Planetarium: The planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations.
- Poetry readings: Tuesday Voices, held monthly, provides a forum for poets — beginning and accomplished — to read an original poem or a poem by a favorite author.
- Speakers: Each year, the College presents speakers representing diverse views and interests, as well as panel discussions related to topics in the news. Seminole State also offers a free Speaker Series.
To learn more about cultural arts at Seminole State, view our Fine Arts events. If you are interested in the College's arts programs, visit the Center for Fine and Performing Arts website.