Studio Art Scholarships
Seminole State's Art Program does more than teach art. We're here to help talented artists begin a lifetime of creation and self-expression. To help our most promising students, we offer an Art Scholarship Program for studio art majors and art education majors.
The amount awarded for this scholarship varies, and it may be used only for books and tuition. To be eligible for this scholarship, students must:
- Have an overall GPA of at least 2.5, as well as at least a 3.0 GPA in art
- Be currently enrolled at Seminole State as a full-time student
- Submit a portfolio for review that contains:
- Six works of art or slides in a professional presentation
- A scholarship application that states their artistic goals
- An unofficial copy of their transcripts
Scholarships are awarded for spring, summer and fall semesters. Portfolios are reviewed in March and October. If you submit a portfolio, your work will be returned the following Monday.
Center for Fine and Performing Arts Recommended
- Fall Term
- Apply May 1 - July 30
- Registration opens June / classes begin August
- Spring Term
- Apply October 1 - December 15 (before Winter Break)
- Registration opens November / classes begin January
- Summer Term
- Apply February 1 - April 30
- Registration opens March / classes begin May
To apply for a scholarship, complete Seminole State's scholarship application.
For more information, email Michele Cuomo, Dean of Arts & Communication,
or call her at 407.708.2558.