Graduation and Transition
Student must complete the following general requirements to earn a high school diploma:
- Earn a minimum of 18 credits. (Please see an advisor to confirm that you qualify for the 18-credit ACCEL diploma.)
- 4.0 English
- 4.0 Math
- 3.0 Science
- 3.0 Social Studies
- 4.0 Elective Satisfy all requirements as specified under Course Requirements.
- Earn a minimum of two full credits, including the final two credits, in the Adult High School.
- Earn an overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. This requires the inclusion of all high school courses taken in the student's educational program, except those courses to which a forgiveness policy has been applied.
- Complete all assessments required by the Florida Department of Education. See the Adult High School Testing page for details.
- Discharge all financial obligations to Seminole State College.
- Submit an Intent to Graduate form (the Adult High School diploma application) to an advisor by the deadline published on the Academic Foundations Calendar.
Seminole State College holds two commencement ceremonies each year. Summer and fall graduates attend the ceremony in December, and spring graduates attend the ceremony in May. Please note that a diploma application does not serve as your RSVP to attend the commencement ceremony. You must also order your free regalia (cap, gown and tassel) in order to participate. Visit the Commencement Ceremony Guide for more information.
Download your unofficial transcript from your MySeminoleState account to view your final grades, cumulative GPA, test scores, and diploma conferral status.
- Log in to MySeminoleState.
- Click "Student Center."
- Select "Transcript Request" from the "other academic ..." drop-down menu.
- Click the >>icon to the right of the menu.
- Click "View my unofficial transcript."
- Click "view report" button on the right.
- View and/or print your unofficial transcript.
Complete an Adult High School Transcript Request to order an official transcript when transferring to another institution or entering into military service.
Transition to Post-Secondary Programs
Do you plan to stay a Seminole State Raider? Check out our Steps to Enroll for First-Time-in-College students.
Transition Advising Dates
Students who have 12 credits or more must schedule a Transition Advising appointment to discuss:
- Career exploration
- Financial aid and scholarships
- College applications
If you have any additional questions,you can email AdultEd@seminolestate.edu or call 407.708.2153