Graduation and Transition

Are you graduating this term? Get ready by joining Graduation Boot Camp. Download the flyerfor details.

   Don't miss an opportunity to graduate!

Students must complete the following general requirements to earn a high school diploma:

  • Earn a minimum of 18 credits
  • Satisfy all requirements as specified under Course Requirements.
  • Earn a minimum of two full credits, including the final two credits, in the Adult High School.
  • Earn an overall cumulative GPA of 2.0 or above on a 4.0 scale. This requires the inclusion of all high school courses taken in the student's educational program, except those courses to which a forgiveness policy has been applied.
  • Complete all assessments required by the Florida Department of Education. See the Adult High School Testing page for details.
  • Discharge all financial obligations to Seminole State College.
  • Submit an Intent to Graduate form (the Adult High School diploma application) to an advisor by the deadline published on the Academic Foundations Calendar.

Commencement Ceremony

Seminole State College holds two commencement ceremonies each year. Summer and fall graduates attend the ceremony in December, and spring graduates attend the ceremony in May. Please note that a diploma application does not serve as your RSVP to attend the commencement ceremony. You must also order your free regalia (cap, gown and tassel) in order to participate. Visit the Commencement Ceremony Guide for more information.

Transition to Post-Secondary Programs

Do you plan to stay a Seminole State Raider? Check out our Steps to Enroll for First-Time-in-College students.

Transition Advising Dates

Loading calendar. 


Students who have 12 credits or more must schedule a Transition Advising appointment to discuss:

  • Graduation
  • Career exploration
  • Financial aid and scholarships
  • College applications

If you have any additional questions, you can email or call 407.708.2153.

Want more info? Contact us.