2024 Reaffirmation of SACSCOC Accreditation
The College’s Reaffirmation of our Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) is underway.
What is reaffirmation of accreditation?
It is a two-year process of rigorous self-evaluation that culminates in two stages of peer review conducted by senior level faculty and administrators (Peer Evaluators) from other institutions accredited by SACSCOC.
What is accreditation ?
Accreditation is a designation or status that indicates to the public that a school meets certain quality standards set forth by the accrediting agency. Achieving and maintaining accreditation is very important because it:
- Protects the public from fraudulent practices
- Ensures compliance with basic quality standards
- Allows students to transfer credits to other accredited schools
- Allows colleges to be in good standing with the Federal Department of Education and dispense federal financial aid
Seminole State College of Florida is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Degree-granting institutions also may offer credentials such as certificates and diplomas at approved degree levels. Questions about the accreditation of Seminole State College of Florida may be directed in writing to the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033-4097, by calling 404.679.4500, or by using information available on SACSCOC’s website (www.sacscoc.org).
SACSCOC also accepts applications from other international institutions of higher education. Accreditation by SACSCOC signifies that the institution:
- Has a mission appropriate to higher education
- Has resources, programs, and services sufficient to accomplish and sustain that mission
- Maintains clearly specified educational objectives that are consistent with its mission and appropriate to the degrees its offers, and that indicate whether it is successful in achieving its stated objectives.
Quality Enhancement Project
The QEP for Seminole State College, Excel-A-Raider, was developed through a highly collaborative process involving students, faculty, and staff from across the college. Visit the Excel-A-Raider website for more information.