||07/82 Revised 07/92
The following procedure shall pertain to all applicants for full-time professional positions (administrative, instructional, and other professional).
- A vacancy exists when a position authorized by the College budget is not filled. A newly established position exists when that position is authorized by the College budget.
- Notification of the vacancies and positions shall be published in the College Bulletin.
- Those vacated positions which the President decides to fill.
- Newly established positions which the President approves and decides to fill.
- Employees currently employed by the College may apply for a vacancy or newly created position without prejudicing their current employment status.
- Before a position is filled, an opportunity shall be provided for the professional staff to meet the final candidates as follows:
- If the position being sought affects more than one area of the College, such as positions above the director 1 level, the professional staff from those areas shall be provided an opportunity to meet the final candidates and to discuss their philosophies and ideas about the position for which they are applying.
- If the position being sought relates only to a particular area or division, the professional staff in that division or area shall be provided an opportunity to meet the final candidates and to discuss their philosophies and ideas about the position for which they are applying.
- The administrators who are responsible for the recommendation of a person to fill a position shall consider opinions from the professional staff who have met and talked with the final candidates.
- The final recommendation to the Board of Trustees is the responsibility of the President.