The Center for Economic Development boasts more than 65,000 square feet of state-of-the-art space, where students, community residents and professionals can converge, learn and create.
The Center for Economic Development's offerings include:
- 65,000 Square Feet of Wireless Internet Access: All of the Center's classrooms are Wi-Fi enabled.
- High-Tech Seminar Rooms: These specialized multimedia conference rooms and classrooms feature audio-visual systems.
- Information Commons: The core of the Center is an open, active multistory space, where college, community and business constituents can gather. Multimedia displays and exhibits showcase new technologies being developed in Seminole County and throughout Central Florida.
- Economic Development Suite: With a modern and professional decor, this suite offers area businesses and associates more than 1,900 square feet of gathering space to share ideas and provide training in an environment that fosters collaboration.
- Convenient Location: The Heathrow Business Corridor's prime location provides visitors with convenient access to 1-4, as well as a burgeoning commercial district right in its own backyard.
Why a Center for Economic Development at Heathrow?
- To provide increased and enhanced higher education opportunities for residents in the Northwestern section of Seminole State's service area; northern Seminole County is the fastest-growing area of the County, with an expected increase of 64 percent in population during the next two decades. Significant numbers of current and prospective Seminole State students reside in West Volusia County, only five miles from the Heathrow Center.
- To provide Central Florida with increased access to the first two years of university studies, state-of-the-art career/technical programs and work force training.
- To bring together Seminole State, the regional economic development commission agencies, the business community, the chambers of commerce, and high-tech partners in a singular, visionary center where partnerships and strategic visions can flourish simultaneously.
- To partner with Central Florida's economic development leaders and high-tech companies to train the region's work force in business/technology-related programs.
- To retain and attract high-tech companies and sustain the region's economic engine.
- To provide a focal point and expanded space for Seminole State's growing construction/architecture and digital media programs.