Federal Direct Loans
Borrowing money for college is a serious financial obligation. Students are advised to borrow only what they actually need.
The William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program offers loans for eligible students and their parents to cover educational expenses. Federal Direct Loans include:
- Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans - For students enrolled in six credit hours that count toward their degree at Seminole State College
- PLUS Loans - For parents of dependent undergraduate students
The interest rate for new subsidized and unsubsidized loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2019 and before July 1, 2020 is a fixed 4.53 percent, with the exception for subsidized undergraduate loans. The interest rate for PLUS loans first disbursed on or after July 1, 2019 and before July 1, 2020 is a fixed 7.08 percent.
Resources for Federal Direct Loan Borrowers
- Direct Loan Deferment Forms
- Direct Loan Entrance Counseling
- Direct Loan Exit Counseling
- Direct Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
- Loan Repayment Information and Help with Defaulted Student Loans
- Loan Repayment Estimator
- Loan Service Center
- Locate your Loans on the National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)