The Student Transition and Achievement Resources (STAR) Center at Seminole State College is a service to students enrolled or desiring to become enrolled in Seminole State's career and professional degree and certificate programs. The STAR Center provides academic support that helps career certificate and Associate in Science (A.S.) degree-seeking students develop the academic skills they need to succeed in college and in their careers.
With the STAR Center, students can:
- Acquire the basic academic skills needed to enter specific career certificate and college credit certificate programs
- Utilize a range of learning resources to achieve success in Seminole State's A.S. and Career certificate programs;
- Access a variety of nursing exam study guides (TEAS, NCLEX, Dosage Calculations);
- Receive tutoring for career and professional programs such as Automotive Service Technology, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Fighting and Law Enforcement;
- Improve test-taking, time management and study skills.
Seminole State's STAR Centers are located on the following campuses:
- Altamonte Springs Campus: Room 220B
- Sanford/Lake Mary Campus: Room L-203
For more information about the STAR Center, call 407.708.2102.