For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule.
Library Resources and Services
The Seminole State College libraries are committed to maintaining an ongoing environment of open inquiry and intellectual freedom, providing excellent service and utilizing new technologies. The following library services are available to all students currently enrolled at Seminole State College. They are designed to meet the needs of campus and eLearners, those pursuing an associate or bachelor's degree, as well as UCF's regional campus at Seminole State.
- Each campus has a physical library available for the use of students, faculty, staff and visitors. We also provide support and services to online and distance learners with a comprehensive collection of ebooks, ejournals and databases. To search the library's collections go to the Online Library Catalog.
- Current students, faculty and staff can use their borrower ID and PIN to access library databases, ebooks and their library account. You can view more information about these services on the Access and Borrowing web page.
- Librarians provide group instruction and individual consultation on how to develop a research strategy and effectively locate and use resources.
- All campus libraries are also equipped with computer labs, as well as with Wi-Fi and laptop computers that may be checked out at the information services desk for use in the library. Study rooms are available to be reserved online at Altamonte, Oviedo and Sanford/Lake Mary.
- Materials may be requested for delivery between all four library collections, generally within 24-48 hours. The Interlibrary loan service provides students, faculty and staff access to books and journal articles from other libraries within the state and throughout the country that are not part of the Seminole State library collection.
- Hours of operation, locations and library services are available on the library's website.
- If you need assistance with any of the services listed above you can contact the library by phone, in person, email, or from the chat window on the library website. Tutorials and research guides are also available.