Center for Business Development
The Center for Business Development focuses on developing and enhancing Seminole County's business community. The center offers the following programs:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The SBDC provides free, one-on-one consultation to small business owners and pre-venture clients. The SBDC, which has offices at the Port of Sanford, the Oviedo and Heathrow campuses, also offers seminars on a variety of business issues. For more information, call 407.321.3495 or visit the SBDC website.
- Business Incubation Program: This award-winning incubator is located adjacent to Interstate 4 in the Port of Sanford. A home to early-phase businesses that want to accelerate their growth profile, the STBIC provides low-cost and shared facilities along with daily access to on-site business consultants. For more information, call 407.321.3495 or visit the Business Incubation Program website.
- Seminole Advisory Board Council (SABC): The Council, funded by the Seminole County Economic Development Department, provides services to owners of existing businesses who want to move their companies to the next level. Companies are matched with a volunteer board of advisors to assist with planning for the next phase of growth. For more information about the Seminole Advisory Board Council, call 407.708.4458 or visit the Seminole Advisory Board Council website.
- Workforce Quick Response Training Grants (QRT): The Center assists qualified firms with the application and delivery of workforce training grants. Expanding businesses may be eligible for grants to help them train their employees. The Center works with these companies to determine which grants may be appropriate and, if needed, to develop a training program. For more information, call 407.708.4458.
- Entrepreneurial Education: The Center offers programs to help individuals attain economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success.