Center for Business Development
The Center for Business Development focuses on developing and enhancing Seminole County's business community. The center offers the following programs:
- Small Business Development Center (SBDC): The SBDC provides no-cost, one-on-one consultation to small business owners and pre-venture clients. The SBDC, which has offices at the Port of Sanford, the Oviedo and Heathrow campuses, also offers seminars on a variety of business issues. For more information, call 407.321.3495.
- Rental Office Space for Seminole County Small Businesses: Business Incubation Program: Located at the Port of Sanford (just off I-4 near the Central Florida Zoo), a dynamic process of entrepreneurial development designed to increase business success through consultation services, coaching, access to shared resources, and office facilities. The Center for Business Development offers affordable office space for rent to Seminole County small businesses. For more information, call 407.321.3495.
- ELLE Collective Women's Entrepreneur Program: Programming and events focused on the issues facing women-owned businesses and include education, technical assistance, networking, mentorship, leadership development, and more.
- Foundations of Excellence: The Foundations of Excellence Business Acceleration Program is an intense advisory board program designed to take second-stage companies to their next level of growth. This program is designed with a six-pillar system to include the fundamental building blocks of a successful business. Foundations of Excellence Brochure.
- Workforce Quick Response Training Grants (QRT): The Center assists qualified firms with the application and delivery of workforce training grants. Expanding businesses may be eligible for grants to help them train their employees. The Center works with these companies to determine which grants may be appropriate and, if needed, to develop a training program. For more information, call 407.321.3495
- Entrepreneurial Education: The Center offers programs to help individuals attain economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success.