For the Fall Term 2020, we are offering online and remote courses. Remote courses show a day and time, and will meet virtually via live video. A limited number of labs, math, nursing, public safety programs, performing arts, automotive, HVAC, plumbing, and some language courses will resume on campus and are notated in the course schedule. For more information, view class types.
Admissions Requirements for First-Time-in-College Degree-Seeking Students
- Standard High School Diploma: Florida high school graduates must have earned a standard high school diploma. Non-Florida high school graduates must meet requirements specified in Florida statutes. An official high school transcript (in a sealed envelope) or sent electronically from the high school with the high school graduation date and withdrawal code is required for admission prior to scheduling New Student Orientation and enrolling in classes.
- General Educational Diploma (GED®): Students who have a GED® are eligible for admission. An official transcript (in a sealed envelope or sent electronically) noting the GED® results is required for admission prior to scheduling New Student Orientation and enrolling in classes.
- Florida Certificate of Completion (W8A):
- Students who have met the 2.0 GPA and all course requirements for a standard high school diploma, but did not pass the FCAT will be issued the W8A Certificate of Completion. These students must sit for a placement test in order to be placed into college credit or remedial courses as appropriate. These students may or may not be eligible for all scholarships or financial aid programs. All school districts must identify students who have met requirements for the W8A Certificate of Completion on the official transcript.
- To identify this credential (certificate), the Withdrawal Reason "W8A" will appear on the high school transcript. In addition, the certificate will bear the designation "Computerized Placement Test Eligible." This designation will differentiate between the old Certificate of Completion and the W8A Certificate of Completion.
- Students with the W8A Certificate of Completion who need remediation should be classified as degree-seeking students. These students must meet the college preparatory requirements outlined in section 1008.30(4)(a), Florida Statutes (the same requirements apply to students with a standard high school diploma).
- Students with a Certificate of Completion are not eligible to receive federal aid unless they earn a GED®. Students will not be admitted to limited-access programs, programs requiring a high school diploma, or programs that may include licensure requirements that include a high school diploma. Students should not be admitted to those programs until they have earned the standard high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Other Certificate of Completion: Students who have earned a Certificate of Completion are not eligible for admission into a college credit, technical or non-approved vocational program. They may be admitted into programs that do not require a high school diploma.
- Special Diploma: Students who have earned a Special Diploma are not eligible for admission into a college credit, technical or non-approved vocational program. They may be admitted into programs that do not require a high school diploma.
- Home Education Graduate: Students who have graduated from a home education program are eligible for admission as high school graduates. Students must have notarized affidavits signed by a parent or legal guardian attesting that they have completed a home education program pursuant to the requirements in F.S. 232.0201 and provide their official high school transcripts.