Building Controls Installation Apprenticeship
Seminole State's Building Controls Installation Apprenticeship program will equip students with the skills to install, test, maintain and repair the key systems that make buildings function. The program includes on-the-job training as well as classroom instruction.
Students who complete the apprenticeship training will obtain OSHA 10 certification, demonstrating compliance with construction and facility safety standards.
Earn the following industry certification:
- Workplace Safety (OSHA 10)
Why Seminole State?
There are many benefits to becoming a Building Controls Installation Apprenticeship at Seminole State, including:
- No cost to participate
- Immediate employment
- High-tech labs that simulate real-world job conditions
- Instructors who are actively engaged in the industry
- Excellent connections to Central Florida employers
This program includes paid training with an employer. The apprentice's wages increase as skills and knowledge increase.
How to Apply
This is a limited-access program. Candidates must:
- Have approval from an apprenticeship coordinator to register for classes
- Apply and be accepted at Seminole State College
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be physically capable of performing the work of the trade
- Be able to read and write English
- Provide proof of Florida residency for the waiver status
- Be employed by a sponsoring company