2016 Upcoming Events
There are several social, fundraising and professional development events and opportunities under consideration for AFC members in 2016. Please check back later for details about upcoming and past events. If you have any questions, or if you would like to propose an event, please email James Miller, president of Seminole State's chapter of the AFC.
Raffle at the AFC Member Luncheon
AFC Executive Director Mike Brawer at the Legislative Update
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus social event
Oviedo Campus social event
2016 Past Events
- AFC Region III/Pet Alliance Orlando Fundraiser (April 18-27):
Seminole State's AFC chapter helped raise funds and gather donations for the Pet Alliance of Orlando to benefit local animal shelters.
- Silent Auction (April 25 and 26):
Seminole State's AFC chapter sponsored a silent auction, selling a wide array of donated items to the highest bidder.
- AFC 101 (April 20): AFC President Juanita Scott discussed the benefits of AFC membership for a crowd of about 25 people.
- Legislative Updates (April 20): AFC Executive Director Mike Brawer gave an update on the general goings-on in Tallahassee during this past legislative session.
- AFC Member Luncheon (April 20): Seminole State's AFC chapter hosted its annual member luncheon, which included updates about the chapter as well as door prizes.
- Flippers for Fools (April 1): Seminole State's AFC chapter partnered with Flippers Pizzeria for a lunchtime fundraiser. Seminole State employees were invited to visit Flippers to enjoy a delicious lunch, and 20 percent of the proceeds benefitted the chapter.
- True Colors (March 28): Pat Ferguson, from Academic Advising and Counseling, presented this workshop on personality types and how they can function together in the workplace. Attendees were eligible for professional development credit.
- Salty and Sweet – A Meet-and-Greet (Feb. 25 and March 1): AFC leadership invited AFC members, as well as faculty and staff, to take a break from work and enjoy some salty and sweet snacks. While there, members had the opportunity to socialize with one another, and non-members were invited to learn more about what the AFC has to offer.
Last updated by Charles Hunter 5/25/2016