In order to maintain your eligibility for VA education benefits and comply with the laws governing the GI Bill, you must be aware of and abide by the following policies and regulations:
- You must notify Seminole State of your intent to use your VA education benefits before the start of classes each term. To do so, complete the Certification Request, and turn it in to the College's Veterans Affairs Office in room A-102 on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
- You must notify Seminole State's Veterans Affairs specialist of all changes to your enrollment status or personal record.
- You may not use your entitlement to take courses outside of your declared major/program of study.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress to maintain your education benefits. If you are suspended by Seminole State, you must meet the College's requirements for reinstatement before your benefits can be restored.
- You may not use your entitlement to repeat a satisfactorily completed course.
- If you are enrolled in a vocational program, you must submit a completed vocational attendance sheet to the College's VA Office each month.
- If you are receiving education benefits through the Montgomery GI Bill (Chapter 30 or 1606) or Reserve Educational Assistance Program (Chapter 1607), you must verify your enrollment on the last day of each month. To do so, call 877.823.2378, or log in to the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) system on the GI Bill website.