|Based on board policy number and Florida Statute: ||Effective Date:
|SCC Rule 2.070
||August 19, 1992
The faculty evaluation process is intended to encourage and support professional development as well as to promote personal reflection, planning, and experimentation on the part of each faculty member. It also provides a positive environment and collegial context for review of teaching purposes, strategies, and materials. The procedure also provides a basis for any necessary personnel action.
- By September 30, each full-time faculty member will complete the Goals section of the Faculty Goals and Accomplishments form (SCC form number 102.1), and deliver it to the department chair or director.
- By October 15, the department chair or director will meet with the faculty member to discuss the goals. A signed copy of the goals will be kept in the department or division office until the May meeting. The goals may be modified during the year with the approval of the department chair or director.
- Between March 1 and April 15, all faculty will have Student Perception of Instruction forms (SCC form number 102.2) completed by students in each section, in accordance with published guidelines. These forms will be tabulated by the Data Processing Office. The faculty member and the department chair or director will receive a summary report for each section and a composite report for each faculty member during the second week of Term III-A classes. Written student comments will be forwarded to the department chair or director at the same time. Following review by the department chair or director, all student comment sheets will be forwarded in a sealed envelope to the faculty member.
- By May 10, each full-time faculty member will complete the Accomplishments section of the Faculty Goals and Accomplishment form and submit it to the department chair or director.
- The department chair or director will review the Student Perception of Instruction summaries and the Faculty Goals and Accomplishments form and then will complete the Overall Summary form (SCC form number 102.3).
- By the end of Term III-A, the department chair or director will meet with each full-time faculty member assigned to the instructional unit to discuss the overall evaluation.
- The faculty member may add written comments to the evaluation form and will sign the form to verify the discussion.
- If an unresolved issue remains after the discussion, the faculty member has ten contracted duty days to provide a written statement to the department chair or director outlining the concerns and suggesting adjustments to the evaluation. The department chair and director will respond in writing within ten duty days of the receipt of the statement.
- If the issue remains unresolved, then it will be reviewed through administrative channels by the director, if appropriate, and the dean. Within ten duty days the director, if appropriate, and the dean will add a statement to the evaluation materials. A copy of the statement will be given both to the department chair or director and to the faculty member.
- Any faculty member receiving an evaluation of unsatisfactory may appeal the decision in accordance with the college grievance procedure (SCC procedure 2.1800).
- Before the last day of Term III-B the dean will review and sign each Overall Summary form, then forward this document to the Executive Vice President.
- By the last duty day in August the vice president will sign the Faculty Evaluation form of each full-time member and forward the Overall Summary forms to the Personnel Office. The evaluation will be filed as a confidential part of the faculty member's official personnel record.
- In addition to the process outlined above, the following apply to full-time faculty members on annual contract.
- During Term I the department chair or director will visit at least one class session.
- During the month of November, Student Perception of Instruction forms will be completed by each section.
- Before January 30 the faculty member and the chair or director will receive a summary report for each section, and a composite report for each faculty member. The department chair or director will meet with the faculty member to discuss performance.
||President, Earl.S Weldon