|Based on board policy number and Florida Statutes:
||College Policy 1.020
|Date of Review:
||05/09; .8/11; 03/2012
The purpose of the committee is to consider issues and make recommendations regarding existing and emerging technologies and the implications for teaching and learning.
- The committee will:
- Assist in defining the campus pedagogical focus and strategies regarding the use of educational technologies to improve teaching and student learning
- Develop an effective and responsive model for providing support to faculty who would like to incorporate educational technology into their teaching
- Explore emerging technologies and assess the usefulness of hardware and software tools to facilitate instruction in all teaching modalities
- Ensure that technology is being used as an enabling force, directly complementing the academic enterprise
- Serve as consultants to the college concerning decisions related to the use of educational technologies and the impact those decisions might have on academic users (faculty, students, staff)
- Facilitate mentoring and professional development opportunities for faculty teaching in distance learning modalities and/or using technology in the traditional classroom
- Make recommendations concerning policies and procedures related to teaching with technology
- Serve as a source of communication across the College regarding concerns and/or interest in educational technologies
- Assist in developing quality improvement and quality assurance strategies for on-ling teaching and learning
- Assist by initiating and assessing support services for on-line learners
- Membership of the committee shall consist of the following:
- Associate Vice President of Academic Services
- Vice President for Information Technology and Resources
- A Librarian
- Manager of Distance Learning Services
- Ten (10) faculty members representing areas and campuses (one to be a Faculty Senate member):
- Academic Foundations
- Arts and Sciences
- Career and Professional Programs
- One representative from Student Affairs
- One professional staff member
- One career service staff member
- The chair of the committee shall be selected from the membership.
- The chair will have the responsibility to forward the committee's annual self-assessment to the liaison Vice President.
- Except where membership is defined by position title, members shall serve three- year, staggered terms.
- The committee shall meet at least two times each year. Minutes of each meeting shall be recorded and posted to the Seminole State College Standing Committee webpage in accordance with Procedure 1.0900.
- The committee will work in conjunction with the Technology Advisory Committee during the year to ensure collaboration and support of like initiatives.
- Recommendations of the committee for improvement and change will be made through the Vice President for Academic Affairs and the Vice President for Information Technology and Resources.
||President, E.Ann McGee