The following is the procedure candidates must follow to register for the Hybrid/Online Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) Program.
- Submit a completed Seminole State College application to the Admissions Office.
- Complete the Steps to Enroll.
- Submit proof of age (you must be at least 18 years old).
- Attend mandatory orientation with vocational coordinator prior to the courses. Call Jessica Richardson at 407.708.2413 for information.
- Complete the Test of Adult Basic Education.
- Provide official transcript(s) indicating successful completion of standard high school or equivalent.
- Be employed in a licensed childcare setting working with children 3-5 years old (volunteering is not accepted). Bring proof of working at a childcare center by submitting one of the following:
- A letter from the director, on letterhead, stating the date you started and the hours you work, or
- Your three most current pay stubs
- Provide documentation of successful completion of 40-Hour Introductory Childcare Training Certification with 10-Hour DAP in Preschool; Complete a 5-Hour DCF Emergent Literacy course. For more information, visit the Florida Department of Children and Families website.
Students must complete the following requirements before an Early Childhood Professional Certificate (ECPC) is awarded:
- Complete 480 hours of documented work experience with children age 5 years or younger in a licensed childcare setting by the end of the course.
- Successfully pass the ECPC course with a passing grade of "C" or higher.
The ECPC is awarded by the Department of Education. The candidate will still be eligible to receive a National CDA if he or she wishes to apply to the National CDA Council.
Note: ECPC (State of Florida Staff Credential) must be renewed every five years.