Change to F-1 Status in the United States

According to immigration rules, some aliens in the United States can apply for a change to F-1 status if they have maintained lawful non-immigrant status.

In order to change to F-1 status, the person must do the following:

  • Apply for admission to Seminole State's College Credit or Language Institute program prior to applying for the change in F-1 status.
  • Present all original immigration documents, including passport and I-94 document, to the International Office.
  • Make an appointment with the international advisor to see if he or she is eligible and obtain the change of status checklist.

Want more info? Contact us.