Programs of Study

Postcard from MadeiraSeminole State offers five bachelor's degrees, Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees; and Vocational Certificates at four locations:  Altamonte Springs, Heathrow, Oviedo and Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.  For more information on courses of study at Seminole State, please visit the online catalog.

Classes begin every January, May and August.

Important: According to Immigration regulations, international students must remain full-time (12 credits) at least two consecutive semesters per year.

Bachelor's Degrees

Bachelor's degrees are four-year programs designed to prepare students to enter a career related to their field of study or to pursue a master's degree upon graduation.

Seminole State offers four Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degrees and one Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.) degree:

  • Architectural Engineering Technology (B.S.)
  • Business and Information Management (B.S.)
  • Construction (B.S.)
  • Information Systems Technology (B.S.)
  • Interior Design (B.A.S.)

To learn more about our bachelor's degrees, please visit the bachelor's degrees home page.

Associate in Arts Degree (A.A.)

The Associate in Arts degree is a two-year program that covers all core material necessary for the first two years of a four-year bachelor's degree. Credits earned at Seminole State can often be transferred to a four-year college or university.

The A.A. is ideal for a student who wishes to obtain his/her bachelor's degree in a cost effective and successful manner. Attending Seminole State during the first two years will cost about half the price of the first two years at a four-year college or university. On average, Seminole State students that transfer into a four-year college or university perform better academically than third-year university students.

Associate in Science Degree (A.S.)

The Associate in Science degree is a one or two year program designed to provide students the knowledge to be successful in his/her chosen career. Some programs can be transferred to a four-year college or university, but should not be considered equivalent to the first or second year of a four-year degree. This degree is ideal for a student who wishes to work upon graduation while maintaining the possibility of continuing their education in the future.

Vocational Certificate (VC) (This requires an M visa)

Vocational certificates are one or two-year programs that provide occupational preparation in applied technologies. In these programs you learn the skills and knowledge necessary to secure and maintain a job. A vocational certificate is not transferable to a four-year college or university. This certificate is ideal for a student who wishes to work and earn a good salary in the applied technologies field upon graduation.

English Language Studies (ELS)

The English Language Studies (ELS) Department provides resources to help international students whose native language is not English. The ELS Department's English Language Institute allows these students to focus on improving their English skills in order to continue their education at the college level.

To learn more, please visit the English Language Studies home page.

Want more info? Contact us.