English Language Institute Transfer Process
Transfer from English Language Institute to College-Credit Courses
Please complete the following steps to transfer from Language Institute to college-credit courses and/or the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) Program:
- Complete a Seminole State College application. Note: At this time, international students must submit a printed Application for Admission.
- Have your foreign transcripts evaluated by the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), World Education Services or Josef Silny and Associates.
- Meet with your international advisor to make an appointment to take the Computerized Placement Test (CPT) at the Assessment and Testing Center.
- Complete the Seminole State College Online Orientation.
- Attend the Immigration Orientation for College Students.
- Update your I-20 for college credit. It is illegal to enroll in college-credit courses with an I-20 for language courses.
Transfer to Another Institution
If you are planning to transfer to another institution, please complete the following steps:
- Present your international advisor with a transfer form from the institution you are planning to transfer to.
- Complete the Authorization to Release Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) Record Form and submit it to your international advisor. The earliest SEVIS files can be released is the day after classes end. SEVIS files cannot be released without a completed authorization form.
Contact your international advisor for more details.