Working on Campus

Postcard from Chichen Itza, MexicoOn-Campus Employment

F-1 students are permitted to work part-time (20 hours) at the school which issued their I-20 while maintaining their student immigration status and valid I-20. On-campus employment eligibility ends if students violate their status, are terminated, complete their studies or transfer to another institution. Employment is limited to 20 hours per week while school is in session. However, full-time employment is permissible during the annual vacation period or when school is not in session.

In order to start the process, review Seminole State's online job postings, print the application form and submit the application to the Human Resources Department. If hired, notify your International Advisor immediately. If you are an F-1 student without a Social Security Number, contact your International Advisor for details.

Off-Campus Employment

Any off-campus employment without the recommendation and/or approval from the International Advisor is illegal. Students may be authorized for off-campus employment under the following circumstances:

  • Severe, unforeseen economic necessity
  • Optional Practical Training (OPT)

Want more info? Contact us.