Canadian Student Procedures
International students from Canada follow different procedures.
- Apply to Seminole State. See the checklist for the documents you will need to apply.
- If you are accepted, we will send you an I-20 form. You will need this form to legally stay in the United States.
- When entering the U.S., you must have proof of citizenship and passport. This should include:
- A birth certificate
- A photo I.D. (this can include a passport)
- Take the following documents to the Canada/U.S. border:
- The I-20 form
- Financial documentation
- At the border, you must complete an I-94 form. This form has three sections:
- Arrival record card
- Departure record card
- The U.S. immigration officer will return the I-94 form to you. This is used as evidence of:
- Legal entry into the United States
- The student is an F-1 status student