Seminole State College provides an array of cultural activities that are free for currently enrolled students:
Painting with Light by Seminole State student
- Theater productions: The College's Fine Arts Theatre presents a variety of plays each season. Students interested in performing or working backstage are welcome to audition for a part or volunteer their services.
- Music concerts: Students are invited to take part in the College's choral or instrumental groups, or to attend the Encore! Concert Series performances.
- Gallery exhibits: The Fine Arts Gallery hosts exhibits throughout the academic year, including an annual Juried Student Art Exhibit.
- Planetarium: The planetarium offers live, interactive shows and full-dome video presentations.
- Poetry readings: Students are invited to participate in the monthly Tuesday Voices event. Tuesday Voices provides a forum for poets — beginning and accomplished — to read an original poem or a favorite poem by another author.
- ArtsMatters: This lecture/performance series gives students an opportunity to learn from professionals about various musical and artistic genres.
- Speakers: Each year, the College presents speakers representing diverse views and interests, as well as panel discussions related to topics in the news.
To learn more about cultural arts at Seminole State, visit the Arts Department website. If you are interested in watching a performance or taking in one of our concerts, visit the Fine Arts Events Calendar.