Seminole State College's core values define the principles of our diverse college community and guide each of us in promoting an environment where individuals learn, grow and succeed.
- We embrace diversity and inclusion in the College community we serve.
- We treat each other with fairness and dignity. We appreciate the unique attributes of all individuals and recognize their importance in our world.
- We strive to create an environment of mutual respect.
- We adhere to the highest ethical standards through our conduct.
- We ensure that our policies, procedures, practices and actions are free from bias.
- We strive for excellence in all we do.
- We believe that each of us can provide leadership to deliver outstanding educational experiences, exceptional student services and a unique, distinctive academic environment.
- We believe that everyone should have access to learning opportunities.
- We are committed to supporting our College community in the pursuit of knowledge.
- We are committed to intellectual inquiry, academic rigor, thoughtful exploration and the civil exchange of ideas.
- We protect and foster independence of thought and speech, maintaining an atmosphere in which everyone can explore the full spectrum of ideas, opinions and beliefs.
Core Values Presentation (March 2008)