Assistance for Students Relocating to Central Florida
Financial Aid Info
If you are a student or federal loan borrower who has been affected by the hurricanes and need information about:
- Aid eligibility
- In-school status
- Transferring schools
- Other related issues
Seminole State College of Florida welcomes students from Puerto Rico; Houston, Texas; and the U.S. Virgin Islands who have been displaced due to Hurricanes Harvey, Irma and Maria. You’ve already dealt with enough stress, so Seminole State wants to do our part in helping you get life back to normal. Our dedicated student success specialists are ready to assist you.
How We Will Help
To support you, Seminole State is offering in-state tuition and extending the transcript deadline to ensure your education remains on track. We offer low-cost tuition – and as one of the most affordable colleges in Central Florida, we can help you achieve your educational goals without the debt. View our tuition costs.
In addition, we have book scholarships available, financial aid assistance and academic resources to help you succeed in your new or temporary home. If you need to be connected to additional community resources, just let us know. We have a great partnership with Heart of Florida United Way through our Destination Graduation program.
How to Apply
- Complete the Seminole State College Application for Admission.
- Download and complete the Florida Out-of-State Fee Exemption Application, and provide proof of relocation from one of the qualifying areas. Documentation includes but is not limited to: a driver’s license, ID card, vehicle registration or other documentation that proves relocation to Florida.
- If you have previously attended college, complete the steps to enroll for transfer students. If you have never attended college, complete the steps to enroll for first-time-in-college students. Note: Please complete the Student Information and Non-Florida Residency sections of the Affidavit for Florida Residency.
- If you were previously receiving financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 407.708.2045.
For application assistance or if you have questions:
- View our Frequently Asked Questions.
- Visit Student Services on any Seminole State campus from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on Friday to speak to a specialist.
- Call 407.708.2050 to contact the Admissions Office.
Welcome to Central Florida and Seminole State!