Student Government Association Elections
View your candidates' profiles and join us for our "Meet the Candidates" event on Monday, March 14, from 12:30 p.m. till 1:30 p.m. in the Student Center Multipurpose Room (C-110)
Make your voice heard! Vote on March 21 & 22
Check your SSC email for your electronic ballot
Take the Challenge
- Attend Student Government Association meetings.
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities, and budget money to campus clubs.
- Get involved in campus life and state legislative issues.
- Make new friends and have fun!
Sanford/Lake Mary SGA meetings are held every Monday at 12:30 p.m. in room C-110. All Seminole State college-credit and career-program students are welcome to attend.
General Meeting Dates:
- January 25
- February 8
- Februaty 15
- March 14
- March 28
- April 11
- April 18
- April 25
Executive Board Meeting Dates:
The Sanford/Lake Mary executive board meets every Friday at 9:30 am in room C-102.
- January 22
- January 29
- February 5
- February 19
- February 26
- March 11
- March 18
- March 25
- April 1
- April 8
- April 15
Special Event Dates:
- Mon. Feb, 1, "Social Justice Event". 12:30p-1:30p in C-110
- Mon. Feb, 22, "Diversity Rocks". 12:30p-1:30p in C-110
What is SGA?
- Mission: The purpose of SGA is to provide Seminole State students with a representative form of government. Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community, and that will help create a learning environment that increases the chances of student success inside and outside the classroom.
- Membership: All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in courses at Seminole State are members of SGA. All activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
- Elected officers: The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. The SGA president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. Appointments are made for the positions of student organizations chair, public relations chair, student services chair and diversity chair.
- Elections: All Seminole State student are encouraged to participate in SGA elections on their campus. Elections for the 2016-17 academic year will take place in March 2016.
Run For Office and Become an SGA Officer
- Make a difference by taking on the challenge and lead.
- Learn about the budgetary process.
- Select your team.
- Travel and represent your campus at conferences.
- Learn about the issues affecting your campus and your college.
- Make new friends and have fun!
S.G.A 2016-17 Elections - Important Dates
Listed below are the dates related to the elections:
|Tue. Jan. 26
||SGA Applications will be available for pick up
||Student Life Office, Student Center room C-102
|Mon. Feb. 8
||SGA Candidates' Interest Meeting
||12:30 pm Student Center room C-110
|Fri. Feb. 19
||SGA Elections Applications Deadline.
||Submit by 4:30 pm to the Student Life Office, Student Center room C-102
|Fri. Feb. 19 until Fri. Mar. 18
|Wed. Feb. 24
||Mandatory Candidate Orientation
||12:30 pm room L-309
|Mon. Mar. 14
||Meet the SGA Candidates. Q and A
||12:30 pm in room C-110
|Mon.-Tue. Mar. 21-22
||Check your SSC e-mail for the link to the elections ballot.
|Wed. Mar. 23
||Run-off Elections. If necessary
If you have any questions, please email Mauricio Garcia or call him at 407.708.2678.