Take the Challenge
- Attend Student Government Association meetings.
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities, and budget money to campus clubs.
- Get involved in campus life and state legislative issues.
- Make new friends and have fun!
What is SGA?
- Mission: The purpose of SGA is to provide Seminole State students with a representative form of government. Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community, and that will help create a learning environment that increases the chances of student success inside and outside the classroom.
- Membership: All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in courses at Seminole State are members of SGA. All activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
- Elected officers: The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. The SGA president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. Appointments are made for the positions of student organizations chair, public relations chair, student services chair and diversity chair.
- Elections: All Seminole State student are encouraged to participate in SGA elections on their campus. Elections for the 2018-19 academic year will take place in March 2018.
Sanford/Lake Mary SGA meetings are held every Monday at 12:30 p.m. in room C-110. All Seminole State college-credit and career-program students are welcome to attend.
General Meeting Dates:
Executive Board Meeting Dates:
The Sanford/Lake Mary executive board meets every Friday at 9:30 am in room L-309.
Council of Presidents Meetings (COP):
Sanford/Lake Mary Campus Council of Presidents Meetings are held at 12:30 p.m. on the following dates and locations:
- Friday, August 25 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
- Friday, September 22 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
- Friday, October 27 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
Fall 2017 COP Meeting Minutes:
- Friday, January 12 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
- Friday, February 23 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
- Friday, March 16 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
- Friday, April 20 in room AT-102, Automotive Showroom.
As part of its mission, SGA wants to provide students with a wide range of activities where people can network and learn. Here are 2017-2018 Special Event Dates:
- August 21 - Fall 2107 SGA Day
- September 6 - Fall 2107 Club Fair
- September 13 - Constitution Day
- September 18 - Domestic Violence Awareness Event
- October 23 - Career Development Fashion Show
- October 30 - Diversity Event
- January 8 - Spring 2108 SGA Day
- January 15 - Martin Luther King Day Parade in Sanford
- January 24 - Spring 2018 Club Fair
- February 14 - Asian Culture Festival
- March 18 - Meet Your SGA Candidates
Run For Office and Become an SGA Officer.
Elections will take place on March 19-22, 2017.
- Make a difference by taking on the challenge and lead.
- Learn about the budgetary process.
- Select your team.
- Travel and represent your campus at conferences.
- Learn about the issues affecting your campus and your college.
- Make new friends and have fun!
If you have any questions, please email Mauricio Garcia or call us at 407.708.2336.