Take the Challenge
- Attend Student Government Association meetings.
- Deal with student issues and concerns, plan activities, and budget money to campus clubs.
- Get involved in campus life and state legislative issues.
- Make new friends and have fun!
Heathrow Campus SGA meetings are held every other Tuesday at 5 p.m. in conference room 311. All Seminole State college-credit and career-program students are welcome to attend.
- Mission: The purpose of SGA is to provide Seminole State students with a representative form of government. Acting in unison, SGA will promote, regulate and coordinate activities that may impact the entire College community, and that will help create a learning environment that increases the chances of student success inside and outside the classroom.
- Membership: All college-credit and career-program students who are enrolled in courses at Seminole State are members of SGA. All activities and meetings sponsored by SGA are open to any Seminole State student.
- Elected officers: The elected officers of SGA are the president, vice president and secretary/treasurer. The SGA president appoints committee chairs to conduct the Association's business. The appointed positions are the activities board, marketing, community service committee and multicultural affairs chairs.
- Elections: All Seminole State student are encouraged to participate in SGA elections on their campus. Elections for the 2016-17 academic year will take place in March 2016.
- Interested in becoming an SGA officer? Contact the SGA office and find out ways for you to help out.
To learn more, please contact Marissa M Millman at 407.708.2371.