One of the spotlight attractions at the new Partnership Center is a 33,000-square-foot library that supports emerging technologies and offers flexible space that can adjust to meet students' current and future needs.
Each floor of the innovative library boasts its own unique style. The first level, which is adjacent to an inviting cyber cafe, is designed to promote social interaction, with comfortable furnishings and a state-of-the-art computer lab. The second level offers abundant quiet space and private study rooms for more serious research.
Other library features include:
- Access to 144 PCs and expanded wireless technology for laptop use throughout the facility.
- Flexible media stations for student laptops and other technologies.
- Multimedia study rooms that can accommodate small or large study groups.
- Expanded space for print and electronic resources.
- Outlets near all seating areas so students can connect and charge their electronics.
- A one-stop, first-floor information desk to meet all reference, circulation and other needs.
- A self-checkout station.
- Computer access to UCF and Seminole State library resources.
- Multimedia kiosks for audiovisual listening and viewing.
- Ample seating for social networking and studying.
- A dedicated faculty study room.
- A drive-up book return.
- Library lab space dedicated to information literacy instruction.