Coronavirus (COVID-19) Protection & Prevention
We encourage everyone to familiarize themselves with the current known details and follow guidelines for protection and prevention.
Symptoms of the virus may be flu-like, ranging from mild to serious, and include fever, cough and difficulty breathing. The virus appears to spread from person to person with a likely incubation period of three to five days but may be up to 14 days.
The College has increased its cleaning and disinfecting measures across all campuses and installed hand sanitizer stations:
- Within view of entrance/exit doors
- Near transaction counters
- Food service/breakroom areas
- Areas where students use computers
- Large meeting or event rooms
The following everyday actions are helpful in preventing the spread of respiratory viruses such as coronavirus:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick to diminish the chance of spreading infection.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue. Then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
If you are concerned that you may have coronavirus (COVID-19) or may have come in contact with someone who you suspect to have it, see your health care provider immediately.