To enter Seminole State's Respiratory Care Program, students must meet the following criteria:
- Complete a Seminole State online application. If you prefer, you can download a Printed Application for Admission or obtain one from the Seminole State Admissions Office. You may also request to have one sent to you by calling 407.708.2050.
- Complete a Respiratory Care Program application.
- Have a high school diploma or GED.
- Take the Postsecondary Education Readiness Test (PERT).
- Possess at least an intermediate algebra skill level.
- Have grades of "C" or higher in Anatomy and Physiology I (BSC 2093C) and English I (ENC 1101).
- Have an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Submit to a background check after program admission. All students entering a healthcare program with a clinical component are required to complete a criminal background check. Students must be free of offenses that could potentially disqualify them from working in a healthcare environment (Florida Statute 400.211). Admission into clinicals is at the discretion of the clinical agencies.
Students are advised to attend an information session as part of the application process.
- New students: May 1
- Transition students who are certified respiratory therapists: May 1
Additional information can be found in the Seminole State College Online Catalog. Students are encouraged to meet with a counselor or academic advisor for guidance in course selection, sequencing and scheduling. Financial assistance and scholarship opportunities are also available.
For more information, email the Career Program Advisor or call 407.404.6051.