What started in 1965 as a few portable classrooms huddled in a former citrus grove is now Seminole State College of Florida, one of the nation’s fastest growing colleges, with six sites spanning Seminole County and enrollment of nearly 30,000. Seminole State College is a full-service education provider, offering more than 200 degrees and programs, including seven bachelor's degrees; two-year college-credit degrees (A.A., A.S., A.A.S.); specialized career certificates; continuing education and professional development; adult education; an array of culturally stimulating events and guest speakers plus DirectConnect™ to UCF and a partnership with IPAG Business School in France, offering an MBA in Luxury Brand Management.
For over 50 years, Seminole State has thrived by adapting to and meeting the needs of an ever-changing, vibrant community. By offering flexible, affordable, high-quality educational programs and services, the College continues to provide students and area residents with a multitude of resources. Now and in the years to come, opportunities for personal growth abound at Seminole State.
Seminole State College is located in Seminole County, Florida, within the greater Orlando metropolitan area. The main campus, located 15 miles north of Orlando, features 200 acres of beautiful, rolling countryside and is bordered by Sanford to the north and Lake Mary to the west. The campus is home to various academic programs, the Wayne M. Densch Partnership Center, Center for Public Safety, CFADA Professional Automotive Training Center, Center for Fine and Performing Arts, Raider Athletics, and Grindle Honors Institute. Other campus locations include:
- Oviedo, located just three miles north of the University of Central Florida, is situated on 180 secluded acres, including a 120 acre nature preserve, academic programs, adult education, and the Grindle Honors Institute.
- Heathrow, Center for Economic Development located in the heart of the the I-4 high-tech corridor and partners with the region’s economic development leaders to meet the demands of the Central Florida workforce, offering smart classrooms and labs for the School of Engineering, Design and Construction.
- Altamonte Springs, located in the highly populated and rapidly expending area of Southwest Seminole County, is home to the College’s high-tech, cutting-edge healthcare programs, labs and technology-enhanced classrooms.
- Geneva is home to Seminole County’s only fully operational Public Safety Training Complex and Driving Track.
- Port of Sanford is the home of the Seminole Technology Business Incubator Center.
The College currently has an enrollment of nearly 30,000 students and employs more than 200 full-time faculty, approximately 700 part-time faculty, and an additional 500 staff.
Seminole State has a strong reputation for excellence and celebrates our many points of pride:
- We are the ninth largest of the 28 colleges in the Florida College System with students from 35 states and 86 countries
- We are recognized as a STEM JobsSM Approved College in 2015 and 2016, including a "Top 5 Industry Award" for geoscience.
- Our partnerships with Seminole County Public Schools and UCF are considered national models.
- Seminole State's online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Technology (BSIST) program has been ranked No. 1 in the nation for its Cyber Security Specialization by Best Degree Programs.
- Our nursing program is ranked as the best in the nation by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing, and grads continue to exceed the state and national licensure exam passing averages for the last five years.
- We are 15th in the nation for A.A./Liberal Arts Degrees (Community College Week rankings).
- Since 2006, 17 of our students have earned the prestigious Jack Kent Cook Scholarship, including a record-tying four scholarships awarded in 2015.
- We are the ninth largest employer in Seminole County.
- Seminole State College has been recognized by national, state and local organizations for involvement in effective equity and diversity programs.
- We are a recipient of the World at Work Seal of Distinction for the second straight year (2016-17).
- We are the Official Education Partner of Orlando City Soccer Club.
- Our Women’s Golf Team won its 4th straight NJCAA Region 8 championship in 2016-17.