Open Door Grant Program
The Open Door Last Dollar Grant provides up to $3,000 for eligible programs to students whose employment has been impacted by COVID-19.
To be eligible for the Open Door Grant program students must:
- Be unemployed, furloughed, or under-employed (working fewer hours or salary/skills are below previous employment).
- Please complete the Attestation form indicating the above employment information.
- Be accepted and enrolled in Seminole State College of Florida.
- Be a resident of Florida.
- Have a completed FAFSA on file.
- Complete the FAFSA.
- For assistance with your FAFSA,
please contact our TRIO department.
- Be a recipient of state or federal financial aid
(such as Pell, ARP, HEERF, CRRSSA, etc.).
The following programs are funded under the Open Door Grant program:
- Automotive Fundamentals
- Correctional Officer
- Correctional Officer Training to Florida Law Enforcement Academy
- Computer Programming Specialist
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Fire Academy Career Certificate
- Firefighter/Emergency Medical Technician Combined
- Healthcare Services Specialist
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration I HVAC/R
- Information Technology Analysis
- Law Enforcement Officer
- Network Server Administration
- Network Infrastructure
- Network Support Technician
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Welding Technologies
For questions about the Open Door Grant program, please contact Ferol L. Voltaggio or Jennifer Copeland .