Making a Panopto Recording Using a Computer
Setting up your computer and the Panopto recorder
- Plug in your USB webcam and/or USB microphone to your computer.
- If you are recording your computer screen or a PowerPoint, open PowerPoint and any website or computer tools you will be using.
- Open Panopto and follow the Panopto setup below. If Panopto is not installed on the your computer, then
- Log in to Panopto for Seminole State
- Click the Download Panopto link located in the upper-right corner below your name.
- Folder: Choose the folder to record in
- Name: Provide a name for the session
- Video (optional): To use the camera, select it from the drop down menu. (eg. Logitech WebCam)
- Audio (required): Select your desired microphone. (You may see multiple microphones depending on the hardware that is connected to the computer. eg. Microphone - Samson)
- Quality: Choose either High or Ultra
- Capture Computer Audio: Check this box if you are playing YouTube or other videos on your computer
- Capture PowerPoint: Check this box if you are recording a PowerPoint
- Capture Main Screen: Check this box if you are using your computer to show any on-screen demonstrations, videos, Mimio drawings, or PowerPoint (as a back-up)
- fps (one time): Move the slider to the far right
- kbps (one time): Move the slider to the far right
- Apply (one time): Click Apply after you move the sliders
- click Record to start the recording
- click Pause to pause the recording
- click Stop to stop the recording