Canvas Announcements - Students
Seminole Online Menu Changes
Based on your feedback, we will be changing to a new “Virtual Services” navigation menu, which will replace the current Seminole Online dashboard.
We will be making these changes May 6-7, 2020.
This change will give you the ability to favorite (“star”) any course in Canvas with current dates to have the course display on your dashboard.
After this change has been made, you will need to go to Courses in the left navigation menu, then “All Courses” to access your complete course list. You can choose which courses will appear on your dashboard by clicking the star next to any course. Please see this canvas guide for additional instructions:
Rich Content Text Editor Changes
There are some improvements to the Canvas Rich Content Editor that will be applied on May 6. The updated interface still has the same functionality but enhances the content creation experience in Canvas. The toolbar includes a condensed, more intuitive look. Toolbar menus are grouped by common icons and interactions. The following enhancements are included with this feature update:
- The Rich Content Editor expands to the full width of the browser
- The toolbar includes a condensed, more intuitive look
- Toolbar menus are grouped by common icons and interactions
- The content sidebar only displays when linking to other parts of Canvas, accessing Canvas files, or accessing uploaded media
- Image and media additions include drag and drop; images include an Unsplash search and content auto-scaling
- The Keyboard shortcut, Accessibility Checker, and HTML Editor icons have moved to the bottom of the editor next to the word count. Additionally, the Rich Content Editor window can be resized using the Move handle below the window.
For more information, view these Canvas Guides