College open regular hours Monday as storm weakens
Sunday, Aug 30, 2015
Seminole State College will be open regular hours on Monday as Erika has been downgraded. Students, faculty and staff are urged to be cautious as heavy rains and winds are possible through Monday.
Erika is a great reminder to be prepared for the hurricane season.
Seminole State's Emergency Response Team offers these tips:
- Sign up for emergency text alerts from Alert Seminole, Seminole County’s free official instant messaging alert system.
- Program the emergency hotline -- 407.708.2290 -- into your phone.
- Have access to a battery-powered weather radio.
- Discuss preparedness plans with family and friends.
- Review information provided on the College’s emergency website, Seminole State Alert.
You can find more information, as well as preparation tips, using the following resources: