Panel to feature accounting industry experts
Friday, Oct 28, 2011
Seminole State College of Florida’s Student Accounting Society will host a panel discussion featuring several industry experts on Thursday, Nov. 3, from 6:30-8 p.m. in building J on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
A variety of topics will be explored, including emerging issues and opportunities in accounting, and advice for those considering a career in the field.
The panel will consist of:
- Joseph Sarnovsky, vice president, Administrative Services and chief financial officer, Seminole State College of Florida
- Daniel O’Keefe, partner, Moore Stephens Lovelace, P.A., and chairman, Foundation for Seminole State College Board of Directors
- Matthew Holt, senior audit associate, McGladrey & Pullen, LLP, and a Seminole State alumnus
- Carrie Popp, branch manager, Accountemps
- David Walsh, senior vice president, Mitsubishi Power Systems
- Shawn Shapiro, senior manager, Cost Accounting, Mitsubishi Power Systems
- Georgi Georgiev, cost accountant, Mitsubishi Power Systems and a Seminole State alumnus
- Tarsha Jacobs, senior audit manager, BKHM and member, Florida Institute of Certified Public Accountants Board of Governors
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, please contact Terri Walsh at 407.708.2184.