Students Affairs Update: Thursday, July 14
Thursday, Jul 14, 2011
Student Affairs is continuing its effort to keep students informed and to improve students’ experience at Seminole State College of Florida.
- Some financial aid files for Summer Term were being processed on Thursday. Students who still are awaiting financial aid on Tuesday, July 19, should call financial aid at 407.708.2045 or drop by a financial aid office at any campus for assistance.
- The Student Communications Center continues to experience high call volume this week due to registration and financial aid questions. Your patience is appreciated.
- Students’ tuition for Fall Term is expected to be calculated starting Monday, July 18. For students on financial aid, once the estimated award has been posted in the Student Center, students have up to 14 days to log into MySeminoleState to accept their aid, register for classes and defer their fees so their schedule is not deleted.
Looking for information about your financial aid?
Some students have indicated that they have questions but are not sure where to go for answers about their financial aid.
- In person: The best way to get individual information is to go in person and speak with someone in the Financial Aid Office. There are financial aid services at all Seminole State campuses. Through July, these offices are open 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- By phone: For general questions, contact financial aid at 407.708.2045. Please remember that this number is for general questions only. Representatives do not have full access to students’ financial aid records. Through July, this number is open 8:30 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Thursday.
- Online: Students can check their due date, make an online payment and accept financial aid awards through MySeminoleState, the online student portal. In addition, all financial aid deadlines are found in the College Catalog, which is available online.
As a reminder, Seminole State’s official Facebook page is not staffed by Student Affairs and can only provide general news and information about the College.
Please see the Wednesday update for additional tips and information.