Credit By Exam Information
Credit by exam is offered only for the first Cisco course (CET 1600C Cisco Networking Fundamentals).
Only people with a background in networking and a firm grasp of the OSI model, TCP/IP basics and subnetting should attempt credit by exam.
- Obtain a Credit by Exam form from the testing office.
- The form must be completed and signed by Lenny Portelli, Program Manager (located in J-004) and the Dean of Career Programs.
- After receiving the appropriate signatures, take the form to the Office of Finance and Budget located next to the Cashiers Window, and pay the exam fee.
- Return the form to the test administrator (instructor) or department secretary (Room J-004) at least 48 hours prior to the exam date.
- Exam dates and times are to be arranged with the Program Manger, Lenny Portelli.
- Student Must Be on Time.
- Exam is one hour.
- Exam covers basic networking concepts.
- Feedback form must be completed in order to enter 2nd semester.
- Grade will be given back immediately. A passing grade is 80%.