Achieving a Cisco certification means joining the ranks of skilled network professionals who have earned recognition and respect in the industry. Seminole State offers courses in preparation for various Cisco certifications/exams: CCNA, CCNP, WLANSE, SECUR. and CSPFA.
- The CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate) certification indicates a basic knowledge of networking for the small office/home office (SOHO). With a CCNA certification, you can install, configure, and operate Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), and Dial Access Services for smaller networks. You are able to use communication protocols such as IP, AppleTalk, Ethernet, and Access Lists. There are four Seminole State courses that prepare you for the CCNA certification exam:
- CET1600C Cisco Networking Fundamentals
- CET 1610C Cisco Router Technology
- CET 2615C Cisco Advanced Routing and Switching
- CET 2620C Cisco Projects in Routing Design and Admin
- The CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) is an advanced certification indicating advanced network knowledge. CCNP professionals perform all of the functions of a CCNA, but for larger and more complex networks. Additionally, those with CCNP certifications use a larger number of communication protocols. There are four Seminole State courses that prepare you for the CCNA certification exam:
- CET 2625C Building Scalable Cisco Networks
- CET2626C Building Cisco Remote Access Networks
- CET 2627C Building Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks
- CET 2628C Building Internetwork Troubleshooting
- The WLANSE (Wireless LAN for Systems Engineers) is a certification that focuses on the design, installation, configuration, operation and troubleshooting of 802.11a, 802.11b and 802.11g Wireless LANs. Also covered in the course is a comprehensive overview of wireless technologies, devices, security, design and best practices, with emphasis on real world applications. There is one Seminole State course that prepares you for the Cisco Wireless LAN for Systems Engineers Certification exam:
- CET 1854C Introduction to Wireless Technologies
- SECUR and CSPFA are Cisco certification exams that focuses on overall security processes, with an emphasis on hands-on skills, in the areas of secure perimeter, secure connectivity, security management, identity services and intrusion detection. There is one Seminole State course that prepares you for the Securing Cisco IOS Networks (SECUR), Cisco Secure PIX Firewall Advanced (CSPFA) and CompTIA Security + certification exams;
- CET 2660C Fundamentals of Network Security
- CET 2682 Cisco Voice Over IP
- IP Telephony courses are offered at two levels of skills.
The introductory course has been designed for students with little networking skills, who are interested in learning more about IP Telephony technology and the various applications available,
- CET1675C Introduction to IP Telephony
The advanced course, Cisco Voice over IP, is designed for the student who has had previous Cisco or IP Telephony training, and is interested in learning about the implementation of Voice over Data networks. The course also helps prepare the student for the Cisco Voice Over IP Certification Exam.
- CET 2682 Cisco Voice Over IP