Learning about and becoming part of our College’s culture, values and history is of critical importance to the success of every new employee. With this in mind, the orientation program presents information about the College’s history, core values, service standards, programs, organization and leadership. In addition, orientation covers safety and security guidelines, payroll practices, and important policies and procedures. Health, life and retirement benefits are also discussed. All new full-time and part-time employees are required to attend the New Employee Beginnings Orientation Program.
Two-Part Orientation Program
There are two parts to the Beginnings Orientation:
- Part 1: College Overview (for all new employees)
- Part 2: Benefits Overview and Enrollment (for new full-time employees)
Employees Required to Attend
The following types of employees are required to attend orientation:
- New full-time employees are required to attend both Part 1 and Part 2 of the orientation on the next date on which they are offered following the employee's first day of employment.
- New part-time employees are required to attend Part 1 of the orientation on the next date on which it is offered following the employee's first day of employment.
- Regular part-time (RPT) employees are required to attend both parts of the orientation the first time they are offered following the employee attaining regular part-time status.
- Supervisors will arrange work schedules to allow employees to attend orientation during work time.
- The Part 2 Benefits Overview facilitates employees to enroll in benefits and enables them to make appropriate decisions. Full-time employees who do not make a benefits election will be automatically enrolled in Plan DV, which provides employees only dental and vision insurance and no medical/health insurance.
Employees Not Required to Attend
The following types of employee are not required to attend orientation:
- Adjunct faculty members
- Employees who are temporarily employed for 30 days or less
- Employees working fewer than 10 hours a week
- Student/Work Study employees
Below are the schedules for the new employee orientation: