Tuesday, May 1, at 7:30 p.m.
CFE Arena at UCF
12777 Gemini Blvd. N.
Orlando, FL 32816
Tag us in your graduation posts!
#sscgrad and #gostategofar
Whether you are supporting a friend or relative, Seminole State College’s Commencement offers a wonderful way to congratulate your loved one on completing the next step in their education. To ensure a smooth and stress-free commencement, we ask that all guests in attendance observe the following guidelines before and during the ceremony:
- The CFE Arena doors will open for guests at 6 p.m. Guests should note that travel to the CFE Arena may take longer than expected. Arriving early will ensure that guests will have the best choice of seating and the opportunity to sit together.
- Parking for the ceremony is free for graduates and their guests with an approved parking pass placed on their car’s dashboard. Graduates and guests should park in Parking Garage D or Lot H across from the CFE Arena. Signs will direct you to the parking. Guests with state disabled parking permits will be directed to park on the lower level of Parking Garage D. Parking passes will be available on the graduation website closer to the commencement date. Each car must have a pass.
- Security measures have been implemented at the CFE Arena. All guests will either go through detectors, or security personnel will use a wand for screening. To expedite security screenings, guests should plan to leave purses, backpacks and large bags at home.
- Guests using wheelchairs or those unable to use stairs should use the main entrance of the CFE Arena. An elevator is located on the west side (to the left upon entering through the main door) of the lobby. Arena staff will direct guests who require special accommodations (and one companion per guest) to the accessible-seating section of the CFE Arena.
- Tickets to commencement at the CFE Arena are required for all guests, including infants and children.
- The temperature inside the CFE Arena is much cooler than outside. Guests should plan to bring a jacket or sweater.
- To maintain the dignity of this formal occasion, guests should not bring the following items inside the CFE Arena: bottles, cans, containers, vases, alcoholic beverages, noisemakers, air horns, laser pens, silly string, confetti, banners, signs or posters.
- Baby strollers and balloons are not permitted in seating areas.
- Children may not be left unattended at the CFE Arena.
- Flowers are permitted inside the CFE Arena but may not be given to graduates prior to or during the ceremony. Vases are not permitted.
- Cellphones are permitted, but we ask that they are turned off upon entering the CFE Arena. Selfie-sticks are not permitted in the CFE Arena.
- While cameras and video recording equipment are permitted, guests should plan to photograph or videotape from their seats to avoid obstructing the view of others.
- UCF is a smoke-free campus.