The Foundation for Seminole State College offers scholarships three times per year. In 2016-17, the Foundation awarded nearly $785,000 to over 1,500 students.
Who Can Apply?
All admitted students to Seminole State College are eligible to apply for Foundation scholarships. The Foundation has over 300 scholarship funds; each scholarship specifies its own criteria which can include financial need, GPA, academic program, residency, and a variety of other requirements.
Fall Term Scholarships - Apply June 15 - July 15; students notified by August 8
Spring Term Scholarships - Apply October 1 - 31; students notified by November 30
Summer Term Scholarships - Apply March 1 - 31; students notified by April 30
(Dates may be extended up to three days if the closing date falls on a non-business day.)
- Go to www.foundationscholars.com and click on the Apply Now button.
- Click the gold Sign In button in the upper right corner.
- Enter your network User Name and Password which are the same User Name and Password you use to login to Canvas, the Library, or any of the College’s lab computers.
- When you login for the first time, you will be directed to complete the General Application. You will need to complete the General Application before the scholarship system will show you any additional recommended scholarships for which you may be eligible to apply. You should complete all of the fields, even if they are not required. The non-required fields are required for some individual scholarships, and if these fields are left blank, you will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Once you have completed the General Application, click the Submit button at the bottom of the page. This will direct you to all recommended scholarships. It is encouraged that you apply for all recommended scholarships.
Please note: There are over 100 auto-match scholarship opportunities that each applicant will be considered for automatically upon submission of the General Application.
- When logging back in after the initial sign in, select ‘Opportunities’ then select ‘Recommended’ to view the recommended scholarships again.
- You may also view 'External' opportunities which include links to scholarships which are offered outside of the Foundation and College.