The Career Service Excellence Awards honor staff members who have continuously exceeded expectations and shown the utmost dedication to their position at the College. This monetary award recognizes exemplary job performance as well as leadership abilities, interpersonal relationships and overall contributions to the College.
Nominations are accepted each fall, and candidates are reviewed by a College selection committee, who submit a list of finalists to the Foundation Board of Directors for consideration.
- The individual employee must have worked at Seminole State for at least three years as a full-time employee as of June 30, 2015.
- Career Service Excellence Award recipients from the last five years are not eligible during the annual process.
With the above exception, it is strongly encouraged to re-nominate employees nominated in past years.
The following qualities are good examples of how successful nominees can demonstrate excellence:
- Exemplary job performance by extending herself/himself beyond the basic required duties by displaying initiative, creativity and overall contributions to the College.
- Have respect and admiration for co-workers and the community.
- Exceptional skill and dedication on the job.
- Exemplary leadership through active participation in College and community activities and/or by making decisions and delegating effectively and diplomatically.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Utilization of in-service and/or training to consistently improve and develop skills.
- Contributions to the school environment in any of the following ways:
- Promotes learning
- Creates positive relationships with students, co-workers, and the general public
- Contributes to successful school operations
For more information, email the Foundation or call 407.708.4567.
Past Career Service Excellence Award Recipients:
- 2016: Renee Templeton
- 2015: Jimmy McLaughlin, Orlando Carroll, and James Bickham
- 2014: James Henry and Shelley Herter
- 2013: Derek Demeter and Leona Jones
- 2012: Simoni Gannon
- 2011: Lee Patrizzi and Beatriz Sanabrja
- 2010: Debra Digioia and David Esworthy
- 2009: Eve Hudson and Rhonda Thacker
- 2008: Rosalie Hardy and Robin Parker
- 2007: Ken Meadows and Kathryn "Kackie" Wilkins
- 2006: Rene Butters and Ron Parker
- 2005: Linda Cowels and Eve Grey
- 2004: Molly Dykes, Anne Humphery and Beverly Sjoblom
- 2003: Diana Dillon
- 2002: Liz Lawson
- 2001: Maureen Tremel and Elaine Iannelli
- 2000: Jan Gerrity and Ed Langolf
- 1999: Bill Jordan and Claudia Duncan