Seminole State College’s Associate in Science (A.S.) Fire Science Technology Program provides you with the education and training to move up the career ladder.
Why Seminole State?
- Accreditation: Full regional accreditation and full accreditation by the Bureau of Fire Standards and Training (BFST).
- FESHE recognition: Our program is one of the few in the nation to carry the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) Certificate of Recognition from the National Fire Academy.
- Experienced professors: Our professors have years of professional firefighting experience.
- Flexible schedules: Online, hybrid and in-class courses.
- Low tuition.
- Scholarship and financial aid available.
- Excellent partnerships and reputation: Seminole State has been training Central Florida's firefighters since 1973.
- State-of-the-art facilities.
- Articulated credit: If you received your firefighting certificate from Seminole State or any other approved Florida Bureau of Fire Standards and Training center, you can receive credit hours toward your A.S. degree.
The A.S. Fire Science Technology Program's curriculum includes courses that meet state requirements to prepare you for certifications as a:
- Fire Officer
- Fire Safety Inspector
- Fire Instructor
- Florida Certified Pump Operator
- Building Inspector
- Fire Investigator